i usd to make beaded jewelry but...

Posted by vickie | 12:35 AM | 2 comments »

just thought i would warn everybody this is a very picture intensive blog post.
okay so once upon a time before I started knitting I made and designed my own jewelry and made patterns from books as well. so here is some of my work from back in the day

this an amethyst bracelet I made.
It has a sterling silver star toggle
and is leather backed. The amethyst
is looped through a delica band made
by using peyote stitch.






this is a loom made celtic stitch bracelet. I still need to add the leather backing and a toggle. It is made with purple, opalescent white and black seed beads.

this is my peyote tube stitch bracelet. the bracelet has four peyote tubes and swarovski crystals, and bead caps and other findings


this is my malachite jumble bracelet. I designed
myself. so copyright and all that don't copy. I used
miyuki delicas mix and malachite chips with a sterling
silver toggle


these are some earrings my dad made for me. I love them. talent runs in the family for doing this stuff

and now for some yarn pr0n MMMMMMMMMalabrigo which is currently at sale at abcs of creative pursuits in bakersfield and it is yummy. I bought a skein of the velvet grape yummm it is currently working on becoming a hat.






bulky weight








worsted weight





more worsted weight yummm












and look at the yummy malabrigo sock yarn. this yarn is a pleasure to knit with. could you just imagine wearing the mmmm on your feet. might be akin to bliss. maybe.


ok so thats enough of the yarn prOn now onto some more pictures. well im kind if tired so im going to go to bed i will make another post later on today

2 comments

  1. Darcys Knotty Knitter // February 23, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

    Your jewlery is gorgeous:)Hugs Darcy

  2. Unknown // February 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

    How much for the malachite bracelet? Seriously. So beautiful!