Today was an interesting day

Posted by vickie | 8:50 PM | 8 comments »

Today was quite an interesting day. I had all my Phat Fiber samples boxed up and ready to go. I went out to the car. Strapped the little man into his car seat. Got in and put on my seat belt and went to start my car. Car did not start. The lights were not turned off last time my car was used. I was bummed. So I had to call the husband and get a jump. So I get the jump and cruise over to the post office in Oildale. So I am hoping the battery is charged enough to start when I came back out it wasn't. So I had to call my dad and get a jump. Fun fun. To top this moment off I need gas but can't shut off the car because I will need another jump. LOL talk about your catch 22's. LOL So samples are in the mail and everything is good now

Today I received my Yarn Dieters Snak pack from Spinning Daydreams.
I absolutely love the handspun yarn it is so gorgeous. When I opened up my package I saw the cutest yarn cupcake. The yarn is set in a silver cupcake holder and has a bead on top held in with beading wire. Cute little cupcake. Enclosed is also a pattern for a cell phone holder to be made out of the yarn as well as a nice packet of green tea powder from stash teas. I love it so much. Thank you. here is a picture:



























this is the bead for the closure.















also here is stripey noro sock number two. I am three rows away from starting the heel.















I now have a mailing list for all my peeps who read my blog. For everyone who subscribes to my mailing list before july 31, 2009; they will be entered into a contest to win a set of stitch markers. I am giving away five sets of stitch markers to five people as well as a five coupons for free shipping on any item in my store. you can pick any set of stitch markers from my etsy store

8 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

    Hi, I've signed up for your blog,
    but I'm wondering, too, what size needles do your markers fit on? Are they all one size? They're very cute.

  2. Anonymous // July 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

    I guess I should have said, I'm nolaboard on Ravelry.

  3. JuliaA // July 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

    just signed up for your mailing list. thanks for the contest! :)

  4. Trudy // July 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

    You have an awesome blog.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

  5. Donna B // July 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

    hi Vickie! So glad you like your cupcake.... the tea just gets stirred into 8 oz. of cold water... easy. It isn't sweetened, so taste and add sweetener if you desire.

    Guess I'll add directions for the tea. :-)

  6. Turtle // July 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

    Ouch on the car situation, but i can say i have been there before!

    Love the cupcake! I signed up for your email, off to stalk your blog some more!

  7. Holly (Hookandneedlegirl) // July 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

    Hello! You can't get rid of me, and yep, I signed up for your mailing list too! :)

  8. Dealonnia // July 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

    Sorry about the car..just a tip..pour a little coke on the top of the battery to clean the top wait about 10 minutes and you usually can get 1 start...love stitch markers so count me in and add me to your list.
    dealonnia@yahoo.com

    Thanks